Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hedgehog art

Once I was done with the Frog art, I proceeded to Franny's Hedgehog art (from when she was between two and three).    Although during this class she did use paint and crayons, more of it was centered on pasting.  Once I saw it on the wall, I was completely amazed at the difference between this collection and the Frog collection.  The art that she did create, revealed the incredible maturity her method underwent between then and now.  I think I'm beginning to understand why school art auctions command top dollar.  These little masterpieces are priceless, and represent so much more than what is immediately visible.

 047

Hedgehog art 

 

IMG_8842

Franny's first day of school, age 2

1 comment:

cherl said...

The photo collage is a great idea. I've also heard of scanning and making photo books with them, inserting the pages into artist's portfolios... I hang up ours for a few days and then recycle them.