Monday, October 23, 2006

The apple of her eye


Franny can be incredibly stubborn when it comes to having things a certain way, especially when it comes to food. Quite consistently, she won't eat food she has seen me take out of a package and put in a bowl; but she will eat it if she can take it out of the package herself; she almost always demands her own silverware, even if she doesn't use it; and, she will always prefer to eat what someone else is eating rather than what she has to eat--even if it is the same thing. Today, I was eating an apple, when she indicated that she wanted some (of course). I cut off a piece for her, which she immediately rebuffed, pointing instead to my whole apple. Thinking she would get nowhere with it, I gave it to her, thinking she would quickly move on to the next new and exciting thing to catch her eye. To my amazement she bit right into it, and eventually ate it down to just a small piece. She had even eaten the top, bottom, and part of the core! Crazy girl!

No comments: