Sunday, July 22, 2007

Balancing the birth order


We try to encourage Franny in every way possible to be involved in Cole's daily routine. Although every time she shoves the pacifier into his mouth, I make a silent apology to Cole, I hope that these acts will help to nurture the sibling relationship much more than it actually causes him any discomfort. When I see expressions like this one, however, I can't help but sympathize with poor Cole. But then, I figure that if Franny had to suffer through our parental inexperience as the first-born, then it's only fair if Cole is subjected to a little bit of sibling suffering as the second-born.

1 comment:

cherl said...

You've put it a nice way (first born inexperience and second born birth order). I'll have to keep that in mind the next time T does something to M that makes me gasp. I do agree though - the more involved they are the better!

Cole's gentle little face is priceless.