Tuesday, July 10, 2007

If only



With a toddler and a newborn, opportunities for doing cleaning and other routine household chores are few and far between. So, when I see Franny grab a broom and go to "work" sweeping with such immense and joyful enthusiasm, I can't help but wish that her efforts would actually ease my work load. Although I would never squelch her feeling that she is actually helping me, a heavy sigh always escapes me when I witness her undoing the work I've already done. The latest example is Franny's new lawnmower. In general, I buy very few toys for Franny, as her interest is typically minimal and she is much more into imaginary play right now. But after cleaning up multiple stains resulting from her pushing her stroller through the grass and then, into the house and across the carpet, I thought the bubble lawnmower would be a gift for us both. And, when she wanted it to join her sleeping entourage, it was confirmed that it was, indeed, a big hit. Now, if I could somehow get a child-safe blade on it, we would have the most manicured lawn in the neighborhood! Heavy sigh.

No comments: