Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Whew!

Around December, Franny became quite certain that the supermarket cart was about the last place she wanted to be. Feeling the need to set firm limits, as well as the need to be consistent in my expectations for her, Franny and I went head to head in our most difficult battle, to date. Unfortunately, her Houdini-like ability to wiggle free of the seat restraints became my downfall, and I conceded the fight three weeks ago. Since, we have shopped on the weekends, with Franny and her daddy staying together, while I do the grocery shopping by myself. This has worked well, but because we spread our grocery shopping across four locations (although not every week), this weekend we ran out of time to get it all completed.



This morning, I decided to attempt the shopping excursion again, although anticipating the worst and preparing myself for possibly returning home empty handed after a bitter battle. As we approached the entrance to New Seasons, I spotted one of those "car carts", and decided to try one. What a life saver! Franny absolutely loved it--we cruised around for about thirty minutes, and she was content the entire time, honking her little horn and leaning out to shout "Hi!" to me or anyone who passed us. I have refrained from using them before, mostly because the ones at FM are very large and cumbersome, not to mention germy, but the NS carts were very compact, manageable, and clean. They also have an additional bonus--the basket is on top of the car, so I didn't have to bend over to unload. These days, that's a very big deal!

I was so happy with her, even though we were headed home for lunch, we indulged in the cookie samples as we left.




1 comment:

cherl said...

I love these smaller car carts! I don't use the one at FM because I always bump into things and have come close to bumping into people, too. They are too big, heavy, long and cumbersome to maneuver. These smaller ones I've only seen at New Seasons and a Safeway in Lake Oswego. Every store should have them!!