Monday, March 05, 2007

Sunday and sunshine--a priceless combination


Perspective can be found at the most surprising times. Sunday morning, we couldn't resist the welcoming sunshine and headed down to NW for an early walk. It was the perfect start to a great day of family fun. For me, there is something very comforting about a sunny morning--feelings of hope and optimism replace the anxiety of our burdens and the warmth of the sun on my face drains me of my angst and rejuvenates my spirit. While on our walk and soaking up every precious ray, I couldn't help but be acutely conscious of the closeness the three of us share, and I realized how fortunate we are that the challenges we currently face are outside forces that cannot compromise our family. Every day we spend together enhances our strength and enables us to face another Monday, void of the self-pity and bitterness that can erode the faith and spirit of the weak-hearted. We will not fall into that trap. Although the rain will inevitably return, our road will always be laden with sunshine, of that I am certain.

No comments: