Monday, June 05, 2006

Driving blind

Franny has more or less made her transition to walking. Although she does still crawl, it is in bery short spurts. But she is not what you would describe as solid--she teeters around most methodically with her two hand out in front of her, guiding her way. Needless to say, I hold my breath--a lot. She does very well, I must say, and never falls hard--she's been on the verge for so long she is really very agile and goes down with as much ease and grace as is possible. There are times, however, where I must admit that I feel I am just waiting for a more serious tumble.



This morning, we were getting ready for our music class, and I have her about halfway dressed when she takes off and must walk. And not only does she must walk, but she also must take her sleeper along with her as she goes. Now, if she just held it, I would not have any apprehensions, but Franny doesn't just hold it. As she proceeds up and down the hall and through all the upstairs rooms, she holds it over her head, over her face, it drags behind her, she trips over it, she swings it around, and she will not let it go, nor will she slow down, much less stop. This goes on for fifteen minutes (also, this is one of the reasons we start getting ready to go somewhere at least one hour before we need to leave!). Of course, I could take it away, but these days, I pick my tragedies carefully and save them for the big stuff. So, I opt to just follow behind her and hope for the best. And she did just great--but I was glad when we had to leave and my blood pressure could return to it's normal level. Whew!



1 comment:

cherl said...

Franny looks like she's trying to dress herself!