Friday, June 23, 2006

In the know


Franny wants to know. She is continuously pointing and looking to me for explanations. I can only determine that she is asking "What is that?" or "Can I have that?" or something involving that. She is so clearly wanting to know something, I am sometimes reluctant to respond in case I give her the wrong answer, since it's not always completely clear what she is pointing at. More than once, I have received a look that seems to say "Clueless Mommy! Not that--that!" One thing I am sure of, though, is that her question phrase is "na-na". With Franny, the pointing is always accompanied with an authoritative "na-na". It's fun to see her so incredibly aware and inquisitive of everything; the developing mind of the toddler is an amazing and wonderful thing to not only witness, but be a part of.

No comments: