Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Sitting bull (headed)

Franny is exceptionally skilled at finding new ways to battle sleep. Her latest tactic is to just sit. After I lay her down, tuck her tiger under her arm, and give her a smooch, she immediately sits up. She is more or less quiet; she really just sits there holding her tiger and periodically shifting a bit--I can only guess to get a new range of sight. Eventually, though, her eyes will start to droop, her head will nod, and she will start to lean. Then, she will snap back up--she reminds me of me during my Russian Cinema class in college. Anyway, this process will go on for about 10 minutes, until one of her leans finally results in her head finally resting on her mattress, with her finally asleep. It's really quite comical. Exasperating, but comical nonetheless.

No comments: